Artificial turf, or fake turf, is a surface of synthetic fibres made to look like natural grass. It is most often used in arenas for sports that were originally or are normally played on grass. However, it is now being used on residential lawns and commercial applications as well. The main reason is maintenance—artificial turf stands up to heavy use, such as in sports, and requires no irrigation or trimming.
Nowadays the many benefits of fake grass are not just seen in stadiums anymore. Commercial properties and organisations have followed suit and are now taking advantage of this innovative invention as part of their overall setup. In fact, there are numerous examples of its versatility around us, as we come across artificial grass in our daily lives all the time. In this Article we will cover some of the uses for fake turf in residential and commercial applications.
Artificial Turf for Commercial Application:
One of the main reasons commercial properties have opted for artificial grass over of natural green grass is its durability. Fake grass can withstand extreme weather conditions. The synthetic nature of artificial turf makes it not only durable, but also long lasting. It is resistant to wear and tear and even pet-friendly, thus resulting in its widespread growing popularity. Some of the main uses for fake turn in the commercial sector include:
- Sporting events & festivals
- Large & small corporate events
- Swimming pools
- Business & Corporate – Some of places in the corporate sector you can find artificial turf include: sporting events & festivals, large & small corporate events, foyers, and even using a company logo in artificial grass for events.
- Retail & Hospitality – Some of places you might encounter artificial turfs in this industry are: pubs, restaurants, hotels, signage & window displays, and even beer gardens.
- Outdoor smoking areas
Artificial Turf for Residential Application:
Now more than ever, many home owners are reaping the benefits of fake turn for some useful applications around the home. Whether you’re a landscaper, contractor, developer or homeowner, below are a few common uses for artificial turf in the residential sector:
- Yard Lawn – Home owners can spend time enjoying their immaculate lawn year round without spending an entire whole weekend on lawn maintenance by installing an artificial lawn.
- Children’s Play Area – Kids love the feel of artificial grass, it’s free of critters and safe for children to play in.
- Pet Area/Dog trail –Animals are enjoying the benefits of fake turf too. Be sure to choose one that is lead and chemical free, that way it’s safe for your darling pets.
- Putting Greens – For those golf loving folks, putting a green is a cool edition to one’s home or residence. Used for entertaining or just working on your game.
- Roof, Deck, & Patios – Many home owners are seeking to transform their outdoor living areas by creating more usable and functional spaces. Fake turf can be applied to the roof, on the deck or patio, or even around your pool.
What 10 are the benefits of Artificial Turf?
The Advantages of Synthetic Grass include but are certainly not limited to:
- Requires little in the way of maintenance – no watering or mowing is required.
- You save on the cost of water and buying and operating a lawn mower.
- No expensive fertilizers and weed killers need to be bought.
- You will not have to spend time pulling out weeds.
- Synthetic grass is long lasting and you will not have to incur the expense or hassles of period replanting that natural grass will require.
- Synthetic grass offers excellent drainage so after rain or the use of water to wash it, the grass it will dry quickly.
- Play sports on the lawn will not damage the grass.
- Synthetic grass always looks perfectly manicured so you will never be embarrassed by an unkempt lawn.